Safety and training
industry leading training and certifications
Committed to safety
all in commitment to safety
Pioneering Industry Safety Training
MUTI is proud to serve as a founding member of the nation’s first federally recognized telecommunications apprenticeship program. This program is an outworking of the Telecommunications Industry Registered Apprenticeship Program (TIRAP). TIRAP supports employers in the training and development of their employees. This high performance, transformational training program ensures that workers, new and established, are skillfully trained and performing under the best safety procedures and practices possible.
TIRAP is a competency-based apprenticeship program for entry-level occupations in the telecommunications industry. The program’s strong safety and quality components combined with training reinforcement, uplifts the existing industry, regulatory, and quality standards.
As a tower technician at MUTI, you’ll be given the opportunity to be enrolled as a Tower Technician Apprentice and gain both education and hands-on experience in a growing, dynamic industry. Upon completion of the apprenticeship program, all apprentices will receive a federally recognized Telecommunication Tower Technician credential and certificate from MUTI.
You can guarantee you will always experience the highest standards of safety and quality at MUTI.
best in class training at
MTI - MUTI Training Institute
All our field employees undergo an intensive training course where they will begin to learn the basics of telecommunication tower climbing and rescue. We certify these employees as authorized climbers, proficient in tower rescue and safety. In addition, they also receive CPR/First Aid, OSHA 10 Hour, JMA Connector, and RF Safety and Hazard Awareness certifications. In line with our safety standards, our team is also certified through NWSA (National Wireless Safety Alliance) testing.
Managing our fleet
safely and effectively
- Entire fleet of vehicles/drivers are DOT inspected and certified.
- Entire fleet of vehicles are equipped with real time GPS tracking.
- MUTI has a Fulltime Safety and DOT staff under the direction of the VP of Operations Safety & Compliance
With industry leading organizations
Memberships and approved contractor
- Member of National Association of Tower Erectors (NATE)
- Active Participant in NATE Star Initiative Program
- Active Participant in The National Wireless Safety Alliance (NWSA)
- Approved contractor with ISNetworld
- Approved contractor with Browz
- Approved contractor with Avetta